Ways Your Organization Can Help
- Hold a shoe drive. We have shoe drive guidelines and posters to help your organization have a successful shoe drive. Collecting shoes is just the beginning – you will help spread the word about the need for shoes, and you will bring your group/community/school/church/organization together for a good cause.
- Along with collecting the shoes - sort, clean, and polish the shoes you receive before delivering them to the Share Your Soles Processing Center. That way, the shoes are immediately ready to be boxed and shipped where they are most needed. We have sorting and shoe washing guidelines to help you along the way, and our staff is always willing to answer questions.
- Along with collecting shoes, you can collect quarters to pay for washing machines, as well as shoe polish, shoe laces, detergent and bleach.
- Volunteer at the Processing Center (MAP), 900 E 103rd St., Chicago, IL 60628. We have jobs for every age group and every ability. We are open Monday thru Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. We ask only that you register prior to your day if you are bringing a group of 8 or more. Our number at the Processing Center is 708-448-4469.
- Bring a few bags of shoes to the laundromat to wash. You can wash them when it’s convenient for you and bring them back to the Processing Center, where they are laid out on the floor to dry before boxing.
- Become a Share Your Soles Ambassador (and receive individual recognition)- Help spread the word to others: schools, churches and community organizations about the need for shoes and the Share Your Soles mission.
- Support one of the Share Your Soles annual fundraisers, either by volunteering at, or attending the event, or soliciting donations from businesses. For more information on these events, see our quarterly newsletter, or call us at 708-448-4469.
THANK YOU!! – Your efforts allowed us to ship numerous shipments/containers of shoes – shoes that went to those in impoverished and desperate conditions all over the world.