Volunteers coming to work in the warehouse must be dressed appropriately. We suggest the following:
- layers of clothing
- closed-toe shoes - no sandals or flip flops allowed
- please bring disposable gloves - optional
- bring a snack or lunch
This is to insure volunteers safety and our liability. It is a warehouse setting. If proper attire is not worn they will be asked to return another day. Volunteers under the age of 16 MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Once you sign in, in order to leave SYS premises, you have to sign out and sign in again after returning. This is mandatory; SYS will not be liable for you and your safety when you are absent.
Court Appointed Community Service
In choosing to complete your court appointed hours at Share Your Soles you agree to follow the rules and regulations of the organization. Failure to comply with these rules and regulations can result in a failure to complete necessary community service hours.Effective immediately July 1st 2010; all persons completing court appointed community service hours will be charged a one time per person, processing fee of 25 dollars and must bring a copy of a photo ID to the front office.
- Court appointed hours can be completed Monday thru Thursday from 10:00am – 3:00pm; and Saturdays from 10:00am – 3:00pm
- When you arrive you must sign in by legibly writing your full name, time of arrival and date on the sheet labeled ‘COURT’
- When you leave you must sign out by writing the time of your departure next to your name; please note that YOU are responsible for keeping track of the exact time and hours you have completed.
- Please be sure that your rides are prompt to pick you up; the warehouse closes at 3:00pm!
- Under no circumstances can a Share Your Soles employee give you a ride if your pick up person fails to show up
- Upon completion of total hours necessary, it is your responsibility to contact Share Your Soles to get paperwork stating that your court appointed community service hours have been completed
- You must e-mail Share Your Soles at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of your e-mail should read, ‘Court Appointed Community Service, Your Name address and phone number’
- The body of the e-mail must include the EXACT DATES and TIMES that community service was preformed also include your NAME, ADDRESS, and PHONE NUMBER
On average the turn around time to complete this paperwork is 4-6 days; this means that you must contact Share Your Soles at least one week BEFORE you need your paperwork for court. You must pick up your paperwork IN PERSON at the front office during normal business hours (10:00am-3:00pm Monday thru Thursday and 10:00am-3:00pm on Saturday). Share Your Soles can be reached during office hours with any questions regarding court appointed community service via e-mail at email@example.com; or via phone at (708) 448-4469.